Podunk Pelline: Boy toy for Hilary Hodge’s campaign?

Now that local lefty Hilary Hodge has entered the race to unseat local righty Dan Miller in the 3rd Supervisorial district, expect the campaign to get down and dirty, even nasty at times.

Podunk Pelline Boy toy?

I’m referring, of course, to campaign coverage by self-proclaimed seasoned journalist Jeff “Podunk” Pelline, who is still smarting from Miller’s defeat of Podunk fav Terry Lamphier in the 2014 contest for the same seat.

Podunk was particularly incensed when local construction big wig Keoni Allen hoisted a banner proclaiming “Miller Time” on a building he owns on Main Street in Grass Valley. The  building also houses the office of the Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce, and Pelline demanded chamber officials force Allen to remove the banner. The banner stayed put.

What did this have to do with the issues residents considered when deciding who to vote for? Nothing, of course. It was just Pelline’s way of trying to torpedo Miller’s campaign. It didn’t work as Dandy Dan won handily.

Hodge became Podunk’s favorite columnist in The Union after she started writing for paper, lunching with her at least once and defending her against the slings and arrows tossed her way by local conservatives. (Conservatives seemed to be particularly annoyed that she used her column to keep reminding people she’s a lesbian.)

Podunk’s been convinced for several weeks that Hodge was going to run for supervisor (seasoned journalists “know” these things) and I’m sure it was just a coincidence that he was one of the first to get her announcement. He yearns to see Hodge join Heidi Hall and alleged liberal Richard Anderson on the Board of Supervisors to create a new progressive majority.

He has predicted an “ugly, polarizing” race for Miller’s seat, just like four years ago (“here we go again”). Now that we know where Pelline stands, we’ll see how much of this Miller has to absorb.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Hilary Hodge, Jeff Pelline, Nevada County Board of Supervisors, Supervisor Dan Miller, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Podunk Pelline: Boy toy for Hilary Hodge’s campaign?

1. Todd Juvinall says:

I saw that. And I tried the link on podunk’s story and it needs a password to see her site. The only mudslinger in town is Pelline. The campaign will be run well by Miller and he will be hard to beat as ong as he works hard and does not take anything for granted. Mny said John Spencer failed to take TL seriously and we saw what happened.

When I ran I had liberals going door to door all over the district doing a whisper campaign on me. OMG! He was on his thrd wife! As well as telling people along Highway 174 I supported Caltrans safety project as I would getting work from it. And many more. They all failed. I won twice.

2. jeffpelline says:

With this post, you already showed how ugly the race is going to be.

3. Don Bessee says:

The Dark Lord of liberal lament land is just mad the Union scooped him on the anti-climactic Hodge confirmation of what was already common knowledge. 😉

4. fish says:

….she used her column to keep reminding people she’s a lesbian.

Wha…….a lesbian……shocking?!?!? What office does this person think she’s qualified to run for…..Sheriff?

JK

Hey jeffy……I think you’ll find that the less you “help” Ms. Hodge the better she’ll do….just saying!

5. Barry Pruett says:

I doubt that the actual campaign will be negative at all. Pelline of course will attempt to frame it as negative…that’s his modis operandi. As far as Dan Miller’s opponent, I did not read any depth in the press release. I suspect the depth will come later but for now she is running without a platform. We’ll see what happens. Dan Miller is a local family man, long time public servant, and very well-respected. I don’t see anyone giving a serious challenge.

6. Todd Juvinall says:

Pelline disses all the locals and thinks that will help her? Amazing.

7. Pelline fav Annie Fox seems to think I’m going to try to suppress votes for Hodge. Either she has reading comprehension problems or she views criticism of Pelline as an attack on Hodge. Why would she think that? Jeffie’s bias must be showing.

• Todd Juvinall says:

Annie is a Pelline sock puppet that is why.

• fish says:

Actually I think Annie turned out to be real……but I think she’s from the hated 90+ demographic that jeffy wants to send to the glue factory in order to make room for more hip, vibrant, young skater dudes like himself!

Cowabunga dude!

8. Actually, I think Annie Fox is a play on stripper Fanne Foxe, the Argentine bomb shell who got Congressman Wilbur Mills involved in a sex scandal.

• Todd Juvinall says:

Me too. Now Judith Lowry is trashing you. Another Pelline favorite gal. And a self proclaimed Indian.

• fish says:

Well as they are both menopausal women I imagine that they have much to talk about!

9. fish says:

Oh bother……local man in lather over free speech!

10. fish says:

Hillary Hodge is unfazed by these clowns…..

The post is about you jefe….Hillary is just a footnote.

Surprised a seasoned journalist couldn’t puzzle that out.

• The drama queen has already concluded “this race is going to be ugly. It could be a local version of Donald Trump v. Hillary Clinton.”

I think not. Miller has way more class than Trump (admittedly, a low bar to jump) and I expect Hilary H. to speak passionately about the causes she thinks are important instead of just reading bullet points.

Jeffy’s problem is that he has no sense of humor. Maybe CRISPR can solve the problem.

11. Todd Juvinall says:

Pelline really is a sourpuss. He writes things to stir people up. Just like his pals at DailyKos and “The NAtion”.

12. fish says:

jeffpelline says:

August 3, 2017 at 8:00 pm
    George Boardman has never been too bright. It’s reflected in his minor-league journalistic and “PR man” resume, along with his penchant for error after error (and correction after correction).

When I write this is going to be an ugly campaign, he assumes that it is the candidates who will be ugly. No, dumbling, it’s some of their ardent supporters. And it’s already happening. And we have yet to hear from community gems like “Bradley Jackson.” lol.

I agree completely….. George will never have your coffee retrieval/delivery skills! But I’m forced to ask….must you constantly lord your greatness over the rest of us? We mere mortals who don’t have an uncle who actually helped Sam Shepard….and on a for realz project no less?! We who don’t rub elbows with the likes of the Clerk Recorder or who actually knows a would-be county supervisor! We who won’t be attending the next reading of “The Vagina Monologues” with the “beautiful people” of Nevada City?

Don’t hate us jeffy….pity us!

….and as always lol!

• Pelline is oblivious to the obvious: Candidates set the tone of a campaign and define the parameters of what is acceptable behavior by their supporters.

Fish, you forgot to mention Jeffy has the sheriff on speed dial.

13. What a doofus! Pelline writes about the retirement of science writer David Perlman without mentioning a joke that’s been around for decades: “Perlman has been around so long he covered the Big Bang”. Like I said, Jeffy has no sense of humor.

By the way, which one of those three people standing in the picture is Perlman? I know, but I’ll bet a lot of other people don’t. So much for big time journalism!

14. Barry Pruett says:

14 things secure people never do…Jeff Pelline’s got a majority of these down pat. Lol.

• fish says:

Wow! 12 out of 14 as I score it!

Of course it’s not from a “Dr. Phil Approved Source” so we should probably just dismiss it!

15. Barry Pruett says:

Most popular words on Pelline’s blog? “I” and “me”
    Lol. I rest my case…

16. fish says:

An error in the banner headline…..

Bee covers debate over cell phone transmitter bill: “A Pandora box,” says Senum

Of course it might have just been a box made by “Pandora”. Anyway….drop by jeffy’s and see this mistake in the wild!

17. Why am I not surprised that Podunk Pelline is claiming that an article he posted on his blog last Thursday was the inspiration for the column I wrote for today’s edition of The Union? Because if it wasn’t for cheap shots, Pelline would have no shot at all.

I take two hours every Wednesday afternoon to research and write my column. I spend another 20 to 30 minutes Friday morning assembling observations and sanding down the rough spots before I send my column to The Union. The article Pelline posted Thursday just confirmed that I was on to something.

18. Now Podunk’s mixing material I wrote for this blog with what I write for The Union to make his point. You don’t suppose he’s doing it on purpose? lol.

19. fish says:

From Hypocrisy Central…..

Well isn’t that special? Just hit the delete key (a few weeks later) and hope no-one noticed.

Yeah George……I think that that is proprietary…..jeffy bought the rights to the Memory Hole™ method from Orwells estate quite a while back!